Monday, May 13, 2013

Rose For Mom

Yesterday was Mother's Day, so of course I couldn't share this card prior to Mother's Day :)  This is the card I gave to my Mom.  Over all it's a pretty simple card.  I have a love/hate relationship with my stamp a ma jig.  I have friends who love it and don't stamp without it.  Normally I don't use my stamp a ma jig, there are very few stamps that I'll dig it out for.  I thought it would be helpful with this card but as you can see my words are still crooked even with the use of the stamp a ma jig, so now you understand my love/hate relationship.  It seems that I can only make it work properly with 2 step stamps such as this one.  But when it comes to words no matter what I do, they never come out straight.  This was try number 4 and I decided it was going to have to work :)
 
Fortunately there's a lot going on with this card, so hopefully that distracts from the crooked stamping :)  The rose on top is made with the new clay and flower molds that will be in the new catalog.  I just love this clay!!!  I've made a bunch of flowers to have on hand.  You never know when you might need one on the spot!  I used my aqua painter and painted the rose first in Pink Pirouette, then once that was dry I used my aqua painter and went over it with Strawberry Slush.  Some parts are darker and shaded which I love!  Of course I had to add pearls and a doily, more of my faves!!! 
 
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!

No comments: