Thursday, May 2, 2013

Washi Button

Where did the year go??  How can we already be in May?!  What!?!  This year is flying by and I'm running to keep up with it :)  We're down to our last few weeks of the 2012-2013 Catalog.  Let the countdown begin!!!  I've already made my wishlist for the new catalog....just have to figure out how I'm gonna pay for it all :)  Today's card is super sweet, simple, bright and fun!!  The DSP is from the Gingham Garden collection.  Just wait until you see this DSP it's AWESOME!  I used one of the stamps from the Mosaic Madness set for a little Melon Mambo border.  CUTE! 
 
Let's get to my button.  The new catalog has a plethora of new adorable buttons and accessories.  I took one of the new button, flipped it over to the smooth side and covered it with the Gingham Garden Washi Tape.  Don't get me wrong the other side of the button is super duper cute but I wanted to see what the button would look like with a little washi tape on it.  IT'S CUTE!!!  The button has a scalloped edge, so to make sure that I kept that scalloped edge I trimmed closely around it and then gently sanded the edges to get rid of any excess washi tape and to make sure it was fitting snugly on the button.  I used my paper piercer and made the holes in the center of the button as well as along the scalloped edge.  I love it!!!!! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: