Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's More Than Just A Punch

Our Stampin' Up! punches are easy to use, fun and with a little imagination you can make the sweetest cards.  I'm always asked to do punch art classes.  I try to do 2 a year, they're pretty popular.  So this month's class was a punch art class.  First card is our sweet puppy card.  Isn't he just adorable!!!?!! 
He's super simple, made mostly of circles.  His nose and ears are the only non circles there.  Make sure you sponge darker ink on the lighter cardstock.  I know that sounds like such little step but that little ink can make the difference in texture and dimension. 
Speaking of the importance of sponging, I bring you to the next card.  This card required the fewest punches.  All we used was the new Hexagon punch.  But with creative sponging you can give the box shading, shadows and really makes it pop!  We used post it notes to mask portions of the box to get accurate shading. 
But this card wasn't complete until you added the little tissue box on the inside.  What a cute, fun card!!!  I was a little worried going into the class with this card, I thought it wouldn't be a favorite but it ended up being one of the most popular ones.  I think it's the hidden box inside :)  It's stinkin' cute!!!  I have a couple more cards to share tomorrow, so check back!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: