Friday, July 19, 2013

Thankful Leaves

I have some new fun things to show you today!!!  Believe it or not Christmas is right around the corner!  That means that it's time for the Holiday Catalog to be released, we're just a couple weeks away from it's release on August 1!!  So you'd think with my big Christmas lead up I'd show you a Christmas card huh?  Not today!  I do have one in the works, we'll see how it comes out :)  In the meantime I have a fun fall or Thanksgiving card.  This new leaf, Magnificent Maple, is in there.  I love the mulitcolored look to the leaf.  Here's how I got it: 
I made my own 'spectrum' ink pad.  Remember waaayyyy back when we used to sell them.  Since we don't anymore I created my own and it's stinkin' easy to do!  I used a few baby wipes, stacked them and folded them to create a small ink pad.  Then I used some reinker, in this case I used Summer Starfruit, Tempting Turquoise and Elegant Eggplant.  I started with a couple drops of each but could clearly tell I would need to make my 'pad' larger to accommodate the size of my stamp.  So I kept adding color until I was pleased with it.  Then you just stamp like a regular pad.  FUN!!!
The greeting (isn't it fun!) is from the new Holiday Catalog too.  They're called Thinlits, they work just like our framelits do, but they're a little more intricate.  But they're still really fun!!!  Gotta run!!  I'm really excited.  I'm having some demonstrator friends over tonight, we didn't attend convention this year (happening right now!) so we decided that since we couldn't be there for whatever reason we're going to have our own fun.  So I created some FUN projects and we're going to have a fun evening of stamping!!!  Of course I'll share those projects next week with you ;)
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: