Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's Your Day

Yesterday was Logan's day.  It was his 7th birthday.  I was sooooooo behind on his card that it didn't get made until after I dropped him off for school.  So it was late afternoon before he even got a card from his parents :/  We already had 2 parties for him (one with friends, one with family), so gifts he's already gotten and has played with....that reminds me gotta get to work on those thank you's.....I'm getting distracted.  Here's the card I made Logan.  It's very bright, the image is fun and kid friendly, it was a hit!  I did add ribbon to the card, which for guys I generally steer clear of, but since he's still young it worked ;)
The card base is from this month's paper pumpkin kit, as well as the crushed curry border on the bottom.  I loved the spotted card in this month's kit and it went so well with the plan I had in my head, so it all worked out!  I used the Tag It set and Chalk Talk dies for this card.  I colored the image with my markers and stamped it before running it through the big shot.  I love the embellished tag!  Of course no card is complete without a little stamping from the Gorgeous Grunge set!  I stamped it along the top and then added some torn cardstock, it adds the perfect amount of design!  Overall I do love this card!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: