Monday, August 12, 2013

Rainbow Butterflies

I can't tell you how much I love this card.  This card was inspired by this card that I came across on split coast stampers.  It's so pretty!  I just love it!!!  I mailed this card to a friend, thought I almost didn't send it at all I was so fond of it :)  But in the end I knew it would brighten my friends day, and she would truly appreciate it.  And I can always make another one :)  I also lined the envelope using the new framelits from the Holiday Catalog.  Those are definitely one of my favorite new products in the catalog!  It adds so much to the entire project, LOVE IT!!!!   
 
Let's talk some more about the card.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge set.  This set is so versatile if only own one set THIS is the set to own (but lets face it who own just one set?)!  It's so much more than a 'background' set.  So when I saw the card on split coast I knew I'd be making my own version.  I didn't want to use buttons, too bulky.  But I wanted something....the bitty butterfly was perfect!     
Once the butterflies were on the card they were still missing something.  Then the bitty flower and rhinestone came out.  It completed the butterflies, I was finally happy.  Though I didn't intend it, it ended up being one of those cards that just keeps progressing.  Finally it needed a greeting.  Nothing looked quite right just stamped on the paper and I thought it needed another accent to balance it so I stamped the greeting on a scrap piece, turned it into a banner and added a button.  Finally the card was done!  I'm so pleased with this card!  I LOVE IT!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! So beautiful ... Your Stalker

Kay Jantz said...

Love, love, love it. So beautiful! I am going to get that stamp set!! I have wanted it ever since I evening at your place and seems I always have other things that pop up higher on the priority list, this time it is a done deal! And I plan to use all 7 colors, since we do have them. It's definitely gonna be copied.