Monday, August 5, 2013

Soho Birthday


I just love this card!!  I pulled out my Soho Subway DSP for this card.  I have to admit, though I LOVE all the new in colors, Crisp Cantaloupe is probably my least favorite of the five.  So I'm challenging myself to use colors I don't love or don't use.  Hopefully in the upcoming weeks you'll see some of those colors. Next up Crushed Curry....I have NEVER liked Crushed Curry.  That WILL be a challenge :) But back to this card.  I saw this card on Pintrest and LOVED it!  For the background I took a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe and crumpled it.  I wanted all those textured lines on there,  then I sponged over all those lines with some Chocolate Chip ink. 
Here's all the DSP.  I punched a few scallop circles with the 2 smaller scallop circle punches for the flower.  I also crumpled those up.  I added some DSP for a banner behind the flower.  Finally I punched the Bitty Butterfly and used circle punches around that.  Cute huh?!!!  It's pretty simple, lots of crumpling but pretty simple :)  Fun card!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: