Tuesday, October 29, 2013

An Accidental Color Combo

It was a happy accident but still a color combo that might never have been!  In my last order I had lots of cardstock to restock.  So I had it all sitting on my desk waiting to be put away.  Somehow stacked up in the same pile were Strawberry Slush, Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Island Indigo.  They looked so pretty all together that I made myself a note and said I'm making a card with these colors!  So here it is.  I still love them together!  Since I'm not a huge fan of Crushed Curry I'm pretty sure this would have never happened on it's own. 
I used the Background set Pleasant Poppies and stamped it 5 times.  Once on the DSP, then once each on the 4 colors.  Then I cut out the flowers.  I know for some people they hate to cut out an image, I don't mind it.  I think it's kind of fun!  All the buds are glued down with tombow, the flowers are all popped up with dimensionals.  To finish it, I just used a Garden Green maker for the stems.  So pretty!!!!  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: