Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beautiful Bags

I've asked my friend and fellow demonstrator Kim to guest blog today.  She sent me a picture of one of these bags I loved it and asked if she would write up a little about it and let me put it on my blog.  These bags are so pretty!!  Enjoy!!! 
 
A couple months ago, Ruth and I were talking about the new Stampin' Up! set called "Regarding Dahlias" and what a cute set it was. Shortly after that conversation, Ruth sent me a link to a video using that set and she commented "Great, now I HAVE TO have this set". Once I saw the video, I knew I needed to recreate these adorable bags! Rather than try to explain HOW to do this project, I'll just include a link to the video that Ruth originally sent me. It's a great video that gives step-by-step instructions.
I didn't have a leaf that I liked as well as the one they used in the video, so instead I just centered my dahlia on the bag. I am really happy with how they turned out. These are for a group birthday at the office where I used to work, so instead of the "hello you" tag, I switched it up to be a birthday greeting. I tied my bags shut with the natural ribbon and then added little safety pins and some twine. I love how they came out ... and I hope the recipients love them too! 
Thanks Kim!!!  I love them too!!!  I'm still waiting for mine ;) I still don't have that set :(  but it's on my list! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: