Wednesday, October 9, 2013

One More Trick




Yesterday I shared how to make your own custom black rhinestones.  Then I got to thinking, well what if I want a rhinestone in another color???  Well I assume you could color them with any color sharpie, though you can't guarantee that the colors will coordinate well.  So I wanted to make a rhinestone in another color that would coordinate with our Stampin' Up! colors.  I did it!!  It was super easy too!!!
Unlike the sharpie technique, this took a while to dry so plan ahead.  I used a small drop (about the size of a dime, maybe even a little smaller) of Crystal Effects then I added a drop or two (depending on how dark you want it) of reinker.  Mix it up and then just paint it onto your rhinestone with any old paintbrush.   You'll have enough to do multiple rhinestones.  So paint up!  Set aside to dry and then use as usual.  Isn't that cool??!  I love it!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: