Monday, October 28, 2013

Toil And Trouble

I'm happy to report that Logan's illness was short lived and only he got sick.  Thank goodness.  We're still not sure if it's something he ate, or just some 24 hour bug that fortunately he didn't spread thanks to being quarantined and the use of a lot of Lysol in this house :)  I seriously have a problem when someone in the house is sick.  Short of spraying them, I do spray everything.  Everything they touched, that touched them, that they looked at.  Usually I'm not too concerned about germs, but when someones sick-watch out!  I turn into crazy germ-a-phobic lady!  But we're all sanitized, healthy and ready to get back to life!  I have one last Halloween treat for you today. 
Last week when I borrowed Halloween Hello from my fellow demonstrator and friend Nichole, I also borrowed this one, Toil and Trouble.  I didn't think I'd use it.  But then thought it would make cute teacher gifts.  I embossed the greeting part in Black on Perfect Plum then stamped the skeleton and crow in Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant.  Because the skeleton is tone on tone, he's a little harder to see in the picture. 
I made cute little envelopes to put the candy in with the new Envelope Punch Board--it's AMAZING!!!  I used 6x6 pieces of DSP and followed the instructions for a 3x4 inch envelope.  Turns out it worked perfectly!  I bought some Kit Kats and Hershey bars, both fit well!  Here's a tip though, I placed the candy in the envelope before gluing it.  I didn't want to glue it too tight that the candy wouldn't fit.  This way I glued it around the candy ensuring a perfect fit!  I finished them with some burlap ribbon and bakers twine.  Love that look!  I think they're really cute!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: