Friday, December 6, 2013

What's In The Box???

Tonight is our annual Christmas Party with our group of demos here, our Ladybug Party!  Every year we make 1 gift, bring it wrapped to the party and then exchange gift, white elephant style.  In past years there's been lots of stealing gifts.  It's always so much fun!  We begin with a potluck dinner.  The company is always great the presents are fantastic---these ladies are amazingly creative.  This year I'm sure it will be no different.  Here's my gift....what's in the box????  Well you'll have to come back on Monday to see what's in it---believe me it's worth the stop!!!!  I normally don't create my gift wrapping, some years my gifts have been too big for it.  But this year, I have a small gift, the box was so easy to make!!!
I hear all the time "How do you make boxes?" "I could never do that!" Boxes are super simple and anyone can do it!  When I make my boxes I figure out how big it needs to be first.  Not how high, just length and width.  For this box I needed a 5 x 3 1/2 inch box. I knew I wanted it to be 1 1/2 inches tall, so I added 3 to each side, my cardstock needs to be 8 x 6 1/2, score at 1 1/2 on all sides.  That's it!  Cut tabs and assemble your box!  Really THAT'S IT!  For my lid, I only wanted 1 inch on each side, I wanted a little of the Bermuda Bay box to show underneath.  So my measurements were 7 x 5 1/2 score at 1 inch on all sides.  Assemble the lid the same way.  (TIP: With the glimmer paper I had to use a glue gun to hold the sides together, if you've ever used it you'll know the it's challenging to get that glimmer paper to stick!).  For the bow I used the bow die-there's a million uses for that die!!!  Remember to stop by on Monday to see 'what's in the box?'.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I LOVE your box ... glitter ...shiny ... what's not to love :) That bow is to die for ;)