Friday, January 31, 2014

Recycle It!

Dan is a fan of Starbucks frappacino drinks that come in the bottles.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about :)  We had a few of these empty bottles on our counter in our kitchen so I thought I use one for a different purpose.  My original plan was to put a cookie mix in the jar.  So I searched and searched for a modified recipe (I would assume in this jar it would make maybe a dozen cookies?) I thought about taking a recipe for a quart jar (those are everywhere) but my brain wasn't going to handle that math.  If you have a recipe for a cookie mix in a Starbucks jar please send it to me!!   So instead I filled the jar with some hot cocoa mix and some marshmallows. 
It's super cute and perfect for those of you who are perhaps in frigid temps!  You could also fill these bottles with some homemade granola (I almost did that but it would have required a trip to the grocery WITH Megan, I'm not that brave), you could put some bath salts in it, what about just some candy or chocolate!  There's so many fun ideas to reuse these bottles for! 
I used the Sweet Sorbet Sale A Bration DSP and the Good As Gold Sale a Bration card kit for this project.  The DSP is beautiful, I love the colors and the patterns!  The Good As Gold kit is so shiny and fun!  I used one of the envelope liners to make my gold banner and to punch the circle for the top of the lid.  I added a quick flower made from DSP and a button to the top of the lid, tied it all up and it was done!  A quick yet beautiful gift! Next week I begin 'Box It Up Week', check back you won't want to miss it!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: