Thursday, February 20, 2014

For A Four Year Old

Megan was invited to a birthday party last week.  The daughter of one of my sidelines.  She was excited!  I needed a card for the gift.  It is possible that because it had been a while since I stamped and I was having so much fun that I went slightly overboard on a birthday card for a four year old.  BUT I know her mom will appreciate all the work that went into it :)  So I needed a custom envelope for the card.  I used the Afternoon Picnic DSP to make the envelope, with the Envelope Punch Board of course!!!  I then embellished the envelope :)
I made a Cherry Cobbler belly band and tied some tiny banners from the Sale a Bration banner punch.  It's so cute!!!  I just love that little punch and I can see soooo many possibilities with it.  Fingers crossed Stampin' Up! will keep it...please please please!!!!!
So finally the card.  Opening the envelope is just as tiresome as opening the gifts!  This card was CASED from a card on Pintrest.  I changed it up a little but kept the same basic idea.  I love it.  For a kid who maybe know letters but can't read this is such a cute idea!!!!
I used the Tag Topper punch for my tags and used my alphabet dies for the letters and number 4.  I used the same DSP as the envelope, don't you love how everything coordinates!!?!!  My favorite part though is the embossed background glued on backwards, so you get depression of the dots instead of the impression.  LOVE that look!!!!  Why have I never done it before!!??!!  I hope you enjoyed my cute card for a kiddo, you could modify this to work for any kid in your life!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: