Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Watercolor Wonder Blossom


Don't you just love it when cards require such little effort but end up looking like you spent hours on them?  That's a little how I feel about this card.  Please pardon the extremely crooked picture :)  I really thought it was straight.....I think I may need more sleep.....oh well.  This card is really super simple and with the help of the Watercolor Wonder DSP, it really makes it stand out.  You'll probably notice my Daffodil Delight base doesn't cover the entire card, I actually make lots of cards like this (usually from a scoring mistake and I just go with it), but this one was done purposefully :) 
For the flower I punched the Blossom Punch and the lightly and gently sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight.  You have to be really careful, because one, it's hard to get in those little nooks and two, those points between each petal can tear easily so be gentle.  I used dimensionals and added a piece of DSP behind it.  The flower pops off the DSP which gives it a lovely shadow effect.  To finish the flower I just added some circles punched in Silver Glimmer Paper, and Tangerine Tango.  Finally a Candy Dot to finish.  It's really lovely!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: