Monday, April 14, 2014

Hoppy Easter


Can you believe we're less than a week from Easter!!!  Time to make some Easter treats!  I saw these little Lindt chocolate bunnies in the store, they come in a 5 pack, they're tiny bunnies, the bunnies themselves are probably 1.5"x2".  They're not the GIANT chocolate rabbits that the Easter Bunny will bring this weekend.  But they're so cute!!!  The perfect size for a sweet treat.  I picked up a package and used my sideline Carmelita's idea that she demoed a couple months ago at our meeting, wrapping chocolate with the Tag Topper Punch.  My first one was cute, but you couldn't see the bunny, what's the point of the bunny????  So my second one I punched a hole with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and added a window sheet.  Now you could see the bunny :)  I made 5 in the Wisteria Wonder, then gave away 3 (Logan's gifted teacher, Megan's zoo class teacher and a friend who works at the zoo).  Then Logan needed one for his general ed teacher, then Megan needed 3 for the teachers at her preschool, then Dan needed some for his co workers, well long story short (too late!) the bunnies multiplied!  This time in Pool Party and Pink Pirouette :)
I used a glue dot to hold the bunny in place in it's holder.  I used matching candy dots for the bunnies tails (I saw that somewhere, don't remember where, but it was toooooo cute!!!).  The tags are punched out with the XL oval.  I know you're dying to make you're own--they're sooooo easy!!!  All you need is the Tag Topper Punch (either one will do), ribbon to hold it closed and cardstock.  THAT'S IT!!  The cardstock measures 2x7 inches.  Score on the long side at 3 and 4 inches.  I told you it was EASY!!  Even with less than a week before Easter you could easily whip a bunch of these up in no time!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

so cute! You should enter these in the SUO challenge #94: http://suochallenges.com/?p=3732

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, these are so sweet!! Love the pastel colors, the little bunny and of course, the treat! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Connie Babbert said...

These are super cute! I love little favors at the table for the holidays. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!