Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Little House

How stinkin' cute is this house!!?!  This is from what I think is my favorite hostess set, Life's Adventures!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE this little house.  I saw this card made by Kimberly and made my own version of it.  I love her 'vintagy' style  I. LOVE. IT!  Have I already said that?  The images in this set are fun, funky, whimsical.  They're fun to color (more on that in a minute) and they're oh so cute!  I have both White and Vanilla on here.  I love the look of them together, I know some people don't.  Is there a rule that says we can't use them both on one card?  I love how the doilies stand out against the vanilla background.
So the coloring.  I used my blendabilities, Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana.  I added some Crystal Effects to the house, especially on the windows.  I love how this card is crooked and tilted, though it did made photographing it a challenge, which way is straight?! Sorry for the somewhat tilted picture.  One last thing about this card.  I embossed the bottom piece of white with the Polka Dot folder, then I attached it dot's down.  The 'debossed' side is just as fun as the embossed side.  Guess I'm breaking all kinds of rules with this card :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: