Monday, June 30, 2014

Peacock In A Window

I've shared this peacock before but never in a card.  This was my 4th time coloring him, yet only my first card.  I'm pretty happy with my first card!  I knew I wanted to 'frame' the peacock somehow, but wasn't quite sure how I was going to do that.  I colored him and then worked on the card.  I thought about using framelits on him, but that would cut off most of his tail, and let's face it, that's a beautiful tail!  I wanted the peacock fully, but in a frame....sometimes it's difficult to satisfy me. 
By some stroke of genius, or perhaps divine intervention, I packed some window sheets with me.  So I stamped the peacock (in Staz on) on the window sheet, lined him up and made a window in my card.  The peacock would be fully in tact on the inside but still in a window.  AHHHHH, success!!  I framed the window with some of my glimmer mixture (remember it's Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds.  So sparkly!!!!
I did have to trim the tiniest bit off his tail, but I love that it hangs all the way to the bottom!!!!  The peacock is cut out and adhered with dimensionals.  So he ended up with a beautiful shadow behind him.
If you're in love with the Blendabilities like I am, don't miss tomorrow's post.  There's a big announcement in there, one you'll probably be really happy to hear!!!  I know I am!!!  The colors of Blendabilities I used for the peacock are: Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry, Skin Tones and Daffodil Delight (for his beak). 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Ruth, this is just gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on the coloring and I love the window! Just beautiful!