Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Better Place

Continuing on with the rainbow theme this week, I pulled out my Gorgeous Grunge set.  When I say pulled out I meant moved it from one side of my desk to another, let's face it this set never gets put away, it's used far too much :)  I used the stripy, tire track looking stamp for this card.  I stamped it in rainbow order, say it with me this time: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzleberry.  I stamped each color about 3 times, over lapping, just to get a nice even look all the way down the card.  Really I could have left the card just like that it would have been beautiful, but I took my framelits and cut a hole in the center, almost center. 
I pulled out my Starburst Sayings set and got to work on the rest of the card.  I stamped the 'You make the world a better place' stamp twice, once in Rich Razzleberry then again in Old Olive.  Use your coordinating framelits, they really do make life easier, to cut out your main image.  I cut out 'world' from the old olive piece and attached it with dimensionals to the main image.  Then I had this empty looking whole in my card.  It looked ok, but the cut out circle needed 'finished' somehow.  I tried some black cardstock, it looked better, so I added some glitter!  YES BETTER INDEAD!!!  I'm a gigantic fan of glitter to begin with, but glitter on rainbow cards just makes me happier than a monkey in a banana tree :)  I added the bakers twine bow just to finish it.  I love it!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: