Monday, July 21, 2014

A Rainbow Week


We all have our favorite Stampin' Up! colors, even color groups.  I tend to use the Brights far more than any other group.  Mostly because I love the bright vibrant colors.  When I'm stamping a rainbow the Brights are my first choice of colors.  Over the weekend I was in a rainbow state of mind.  I ended up with a whole stack of rainbow themed cards.  Not intentional, just kind of happened that way.  So this week is 'rainbow week' on my blog!  For the next five days you'll see lots of these 6 colors: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point and Rich Razzleberry.
For this card, I used my markers and the Work Of Art Stamp Set.  I used the straight sketchy line.  To start I colored half Real Red and half Pumpkin Pie, well it stamped beautifully so I continued with Daffodil Delight and Old Olive, and so on until I had a full rainbow.  I loved the look of it, but I wanted to spotlight is somehow.  So with the new Sweetheart Punch I punched another piece of Whisper White and layered it on top with dimensionals so it pops up over the rainbow.  So pretty!!!  I mounted in on some Champagne Glimmer Paper and added some gold sequins to tie in all that sparkle!!!  This card is so pretty in person!  I'm so pleased with it!!!  This is just the beginning to a very colorful week here!!!  I can't wait!!!!   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: