Monday, July 28, 2014

Copy The Catalog


I have a really smart friend, she's also a demonstrator.  She's also younger than me, not by much though :)  We were brainstorming class ideas at our last demonstrator meeting and she came up with this class idea.  I loved it so I copied it!  My class on Saturday was Copy The Catalog, I used the samples in the catalog to come up with the cards for this class.  Thanks Carmelita for the idea!!  I know for me, coming up with an idea for a card is sometimes the hardest part.  Using the catalog which is FULL of amazing samples is great idea.  The first card is a fun duplicate of a card on page 109 in the catalog, pull out your catalog and play along!  I clearly used different colors.  For my card we used Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive.  It's a fun alternative to the one in catalog! 
If you now turn your catalog to page 155 you'll see the this card there too.  This one was one we directly copied, well I did add a couple layer but for the most part it's the same card.  We used the Flower Patch stamp set and matching framelits.  The example in the catalog doesn't have them cut out but I thought that would be fun, plus I need to use dimensionals somewhere on every card!  It's so fun and cheerful I love it!!!  Check back tomorrow for the last two cards! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: