Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How 'Bout Some Glitter?

I wasn't sure how this card was going to end up.  Ever make one of those.  You just keep going with a loose plan in your head.  This was this card.  It's nothing like what I had planned, thank goodness!!  I just got the new heart and stars stencils, boy are they FUN!  My original plan was to emboss white stars, so I went with some darker, rich colors, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Island Indigo, and Elegant Eggplant.  I had all my paper cut and I laid them out and put the stencil on top.  Well the bottom pieces were covered in stars but as the stars get fewer as you go up, my upper pieces weren't very star covered.  That wouldn't do.  My plan was to have them covered in stars.  So I did one at a time.  The stars don't align where the cardstock meets, but I'm ok with that.  How often do your stars align anyway? :) 
So back to the white embossing powder, I originally thought I wanted them in white but as I was sponging the versamark over the star mask I thought, hmmmmm what about glitter!  So I did the first one with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, well I was sold!  Sparkle, gloss, what's not to love!?!  Oh and can I just mention how much I love embossing.  If you're ever in a stamping rut, break out some embossing powder.  It's one of the easiest and oldest techniques but it's always amazing!!!   
Finally for the greeting I pulled out some Black cardstock.  I'm slightly obsessed with the Black, I've been using it All. The. Time. Lately. So here's where I brought out my white embossing powder.  I used the 'It's Your Celebration' from the Life's Adventures stamp set.  And the 'Sparkle' is from a new set that will be available soon!!!!  A little black Bakers Twine pulls it all together!!  I'm so glad I went with the glitter!  Looking at it now I think it would have been a little over powering all in white :)  It's good to be flexible and go with the flow when you're stamping :)
 
Thanks for looking, see you tommorrow!!!

No comments: