Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Masked Hearts


How much are you enjoying 'rainbow week'?  Ok it's only day 2, I'll ask again later this week!  This card is really what started it all, this was the first one I made.  You may remember last week I shared a couple cards with the new Stars mask, here and here.  Well I thought it was time to pull out my heart mask.  I laid down the mask, I used Washi Tape to hold my paper and the mask in place, then starting from the left I sponged a rainbow of colors.  I used the same colors as yesterday (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry) but this time instead of Pacific Point I used Tempting Turquoise.
I'm totally smitten with the new masks!!!  How fun is this card!!!  I love how some of the heart are 2 colors, I love how they blended!!!  For the greeting, I used the Watercolor Thank You Stamp.  I stamped it in black, but then I realized that the card needed something, I did want to cover up the hearts with ribbons or accessories, I think they're pretty great the way they are, but the greeting really needed something.  So I pulled out my Crystal Effects and a very small paint brush.  I painted right over the letters then sprinkled the wet Crystal Effects with Dazzling Diamonds.  It's gorgeous!! And  really great quick fix!!!  It added the sparkle that I wanted but doesn't take your focus off the hearts.  LOVE IT!!!!  If you're not sold on the masks yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!?!  They're a great, affordable tool every stamper should have!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: