Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Shimmery Thank You


This card is so shimmery and sparkly in real life, the pictures aren't doing it justice.  Before we get to the sparkle though, let's talk about the rest of the card.  I wanted an ombre effect, I love the way it came out.  I knew I wanted the colors to blend together almost seamlessly so I pulled out my watercolor paper.  You can saturate this paper and blend the colors so well.  I started by stamping and embossing my greeting in Clear Embossing Powder.  Then I started watercoloring.  I got the entire piece of paper really wet.  The colors just blend on their own without any help if you paper is nice and wet.  I started on the bottom with Pink Pirouette, because this color is so light I needed a lot of it.  Then I moved up using Strawberry Slush, Melon Mambo and finally Rose Red.  The colors all blended together well.  Once that was dry it needed something......sparkle! 
I thought of lots of different ways to add it and finally I decided to paint it on.  I've mentioned before that I've used the Vanilla Smooch Spritz to paint on shimmer, I love doing this!!!  I spray my Smooch Spritz into a little plastic cup (I do this often enough that I keep a plastic cup on my desk now).  Then with a paintbrush just paint it on.  I love using our Smooch Spritz like this because it gives more control and you can determine how much and exactly where you want the shimmer.  It's so sparkly, I LOVE it!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: