Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Embossed City


How pretty is this card!?!  I just love it!!!  I love the city scene and the water colored background (which was super easy to do!).  The city is from the Calling All Heros Set.  It's a photopolymer set that SU released a few months ago.  I borrow this set from my friend Kim.  I LOVE this city scene, but the rest of the set doesn't appeal to me.  But I'm grateful to Kim for letting me use this set to make this card-Thanks Kim!! 
To do the background I pulled out the colors I wanted to use I went with some Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo and a tiny bit of Tempting Turquoise (it doesn't pick up in the picture, it's there though).  Next time I'll use more of the turquoise, I love those 3 colors together!  Make sure you use watercolor paper for this, you'll add a lot of moisture to the paper and need a sturdy cardstock that can support it.  Get your cardstock wet, not drenched but pretty wet, I sprayed it a couple times with some water then used my aqua painter to spread it out.  Then you just pick up color on your aqua painter and gently touch your watercolor paper.  If you paper is wet enough the water will pick up the ink and it will magically just spread.  Add as much or as little color as you want.  To get a mirrored look I folded the bottom up the to the top of the cardstock and soaked up some of the color that way.  Wait until it completely dry then stamp your city, you can use your heat tool to speed up the drying.  I embossed the city in black, it's just gorgeous!!!!  I love it!!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: