Friday, November 14, 2014

Silhouettes


There are plenty of times where I try something I've seen on Pintrest and it fails, big time!  These silhouettes were not one of those times.  I was so pleased with how they came out.   They were soooooo easy too!!!  I took profile pictures of Logan and Megan and printed them on some photo paper before I left for the weekend.  I picked up these wooded plaques at a big box store.  They're so affordable.  I already had the black and white acrylic paints so this project cost under $5.  I love that!!!  At the craft weekend I painted the plaques white.  The good thing about acrylic paint is that it dries pretty fast!  While the white was drying I cut out the profile pictures.  Logan's was really easy to cut out.  Megan's wasn't hard either, I was worried I'd be stuck cutting out every curl and strand of hair but it wasn't that way at all both went very quickly.  Once the pictures were cute out I covered them in a couple layers of black acrylic paint, make sure to let them dry fully between each coat.  Finally I used some tombow to stick it down on the plaque and then covered them with some Mod Podge.  That's it!!!  They're ready to hang and I just love them!!!!  More projects fromt he craft weekend to come, check back all next week!!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: