Monday, November 3, 2014

Stamp Once, Use Twice


I have a stack, and I mean a huge stack of quick cards today!  I really love all of them and how they all came out!!  I found this technique here.  I thought this was such a cool way to double the use of your stamps.  Basically you stamp your image once then move it slightly (in any direction) and stamp again.  I stamped 4 pieces of cardstock, just 4.25-5.5, your standard card front.  I covered the entire sheet, then cut them diagonally and ended up with 8 cards.  Stamp once use twice.  So you're getting double the cards with half the effort!  AWESOME!!!!  *NOTE: I have two of every card....I had two of the Blackberry Bliss but sent one before snapping a picture.*
The Blackberry Bliss is my favorite.  I used the Dotty Angles set, I seriously LOVE those triangles, I think it's my favorite set.  I inked up the Blackberry Bliss and stamped then flipped my stamp so my triangles were headed in the opposite direction and stamped again WITHOUT reinking!!  That's what gives you the awesome shadow look.  For this Melon Mambo version I stamped it then moved it slightly up and stamped again. 
Because this stamp set is photopolymer it's completely clear, so lining up the triangles again and again is easy!  Photopolymer is growing on me.  I was not a fan when they were released but I'm starting to see the benefits :)  For the Hello Honey version I stamped and then moved it to the right. 
The Coastal Cabana version I also moved to the right.  Once they were done I trimmed them down a little, cut them diagonally and attached them to cards.  I added some glimmer paper, a butterfly and a greeting.  These cards are beautiful in person and so simple to make!!!  BIG week!  I leave for scrapbook weekend on Friday!!  EEEEK!!!  But first I have to pack, there's a LOT to pack and we have our demo meeting and Christmas party this week.  LOTS to do, but I'm so excited!!!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

So I was on travel all week and haven't checked your blog this week until this morning. (WHAT!?) Anyway, before you take away my stalker card, I'm back and in full-fledged stalking mode. I love, love, L-O-V-E this post. The cards are beautiful and I love that you made so many with such ease. I will totally be stealing this technique! (Did I mention I love it?)