Monday, November 24, 2014

Watercolored Chevron


I'm still sharing cards and projects that I made from the Winter Wonderland Craft weekend a few weeks ago.  I left the craft weekend feeling like I didn't accomplish much.  I really didn't think I made as many things as I did in previous weekends, and I didn't get an ounce of actual scrapbooking done :) So while it was a much needed weekend away I didn't feel like I did anything.  But looking back now, I see that I did DO things just not elaborate or super time consuming things like in previous ones.  But I think this was the best weekend, not in terms of productivity but in terms of relaxation, sleeping and 'recharging' it was the best.  It's hard being a mom to a stubborn, independent, strong willed 4 year old.  We both needed a break from each other.  Continuing on with the projects.  I really love this card.  There's really nothing fancy about it, but I think the colors are sooo fun though!!!  I used Hello Honey, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay.
I started with watercolor paper and spayed it with water so it was nice and wet.  Then I inked up my Chevron Background stamp just using my ink pads.  There was some overlapping, some ink got transferred from the stamp to a different color pad.  It's no big deal.  I just dabbed it with a paper towel and you'd never know that there was Bermuda Bay ink on the Hello Honey pad or the other way around.  While your watercolor paper is still wet stamp your background.  I just let my stamp sit on the paper for a few seconds.  The water is doing it's job and moving the ink around.  Carefully lift off your stamp and you'll end up with a beautiful watercolored background. I especially love where the colors blended together.  So pretty!  Set it aside to dry or use your heat tool to speed up the process.  This background came out so pretty that I didn't want to cover it up, so I stamped a greeting on velum and embossed it.  Finally to finish it I painted the entire background piece with the glitter brush pen I mentioned last week in this post.  The sparkle and the watercolor just make this card simple gorgeous!!!  Finally I attached the greeting with a staple and the card was done.  I thought about adding sequins or another accessory but really everything I added covered up the background, I thought it looked complete without anything else!  Hope you enjoy it too!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!   

No comments: