Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Embossed Woodgrain


While this card is stinkin' cute, this card is all about the heat embossing.  I've been really embossing everything lately.  When I first started stamping heat embossing was really like my WOW technique, it was easy, even a beginner like me could do it, I just loved it!!!  Then I got into more time consume, more advanced techniques and I stopped embossing.  I'd pull it out every once in a while but I not as much as when I first started.  Now, I'm back to embossing and love it more than ever!  It doesn't matter what you emboss.  It could be the smallest detail on the card, that tiny detail embossed will change the look of your card instantly!  For this card I wanted the wood grain background, but stamping it in ANY color just didn't look great.  I wasn't happy.  After trying it 3 or 4 times I pulled out my white embossing powder and went for a tone on tone background.  I loved it.  It's not overwhelming on the card but it really pulls the card together. 
The bird is super simple and just colored with some Stampin' Write Markers.  I used Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.  Once my background was done the rest of the card just fell into place.  If you haven't embossed in a while I encourage you to.  Hate to be quick but gotta run, December is shaping up to be a CRAZY month!  Too many things to do and not enough time to do it!  :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: