Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thankful Butterfly


I'm pretty sure that I cannot make a card with a butterfly on it without adding glitter.  It just cannot be done.  This card is one of my favorites that I've done so far!!!  I had a few (4) Pacific Point Butterflies cut out on my desk so I decided to glue them together, this makes your butterfly cutouts more sturdy and thicker and easier to appy to a finished card.  I wanted some color to the butterfly's wings so I attached it to a piece of Daffodil Delight, then carefully cut around the edges.  So now it just looks like a yellow and blue butterfly! So pretty!!!!!
Well I couldn't top there, so I mixed some Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds and painted in every hole on the butterfly's wings.  The glitter is painted on the Daffoodil Delight piece.  Well I couldn't stop there, the Daffodil Delight looked great but now the Pacific Point needed some shine, so I covered the butterfly in Crystal Effects to give it a shiny look to match the shiny glittery wings.  So pretty!!  I {heart} glitter!!!!  The rest of the card is really simple, I have a strip of DSP from the Stacked With Love Pack, and a simple gretting from the Sheltering Tree set.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: