Monday, February 2, 2015

Hanging Bulbs


Probably my favorite stamp in the Sale A Bration set, You Brighten My Day, is the little light bulb.  It's so cute!!!  I've been wanting to make a card with hanging light bulbs for so long.  Finally last week I decided it was time!  I stamped six light bulbs then used my blendabilities to color them.  I wanted some fun shading on the bulbs.  The colors I used were Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay (NEW), Rich Razzleberry.  To do the blending, because the light bulb is small I didn't use all three colors I started with my darkest color, then blended with the lightest color.
Once my light bulbs were colored, I cut them out and painted them with my glitter brush pen (I got it on Amazon, currently SU doesn't sell it but I'm hoping someday soon).  THEN because that wasn't enough.  I added Crystal Effects over it.  While all that was drying I worked on the rest of my card.  I stamped each light bulb on the card base in the coordinating color (though I realized later that I used Real Red instead of Cherry Cobbler--you can't really tell).  For the greeting I used my Stamp A Ma Jig so that everything could be lined up correctly.  I didn't want to use the 'you' in the the 'you brighten my day' stamp so I used another stamp for the 'you' I grabbed my A Dozen Thoughts set and the 'you made my day' stamp.  Have I completely confused you yet :)
When the bulbs were dry I added them to the card, drew some cords for them to hang from with my Project Life pen and finished with some Rhinestones.  You can see the shine and sparkle on the bulbs better with this last picture, especially on the Old Olive bulb.  In person, I giggle with glee at the crazy amount of sparkle!  This card was so fun to make, a little time consuming with the coloring and drying time for the Crystal Effects.  But when it was done I was so pleased with it, it was all worth it :)  I think this blog posts wins for the most times the words 'light bulbs' were used.  Also it's February!  Yay!!! Here's to a better February then January!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: