Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sheltering Tree In Winter


For some reason New Mexico has been getting lots of snow.  I don't like the snow.  I like the sun, I like the warm temperatures.  I could go my whole life without snow or cold.  We got some snow last week {sigh} so I decided to embrace it instead of dread it.  I did that by staying inside, where it was warm and I stamped, what????  You didn't think I'd really go out side did you???  But I did stamp a winter scene to really I totally embraced it ;)  I started with my card base and I used three colors, Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Perfect Plum.  I used water color paper and sponge daubers to apply ink in rows to the paper.  Then I sprayed it with water and let the colors blend a little.  Looking at it now.  I should have let the colors blend a little more, but I'm still happy with the results.  Once that was dry, I grabbed a small cup of water and dropped a couple drops of White Craft ink reinker in.  Then I used a paint brush and 'splattered' some ink/water mixture over to resemble snow.  I wasn't sure if this would work.  I'm sooooo glad it did!!!!
Once everything was dry I stamped and embossed my tree in White embossing powder.  I randomly cut some hills out of watercolor paper and lightly sponged them with some Soft Sky ink.  Then I used some vellum and embossed in silver the greeting, also from the Sheltering Tree set.  To finish it I punched a heart from Silver Glimmer Paper and topped it with one of the new Epoxy Stickers.  It's a fun card and sure to warm anyones heart :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: