Monday, April 6, 2015

Hello Flower


I told you I'd be back today with another post.  Last week was spring break, my sister and nieces and nephew were in town and we kept very busy!  I didn't get anything done that I intended to and now I'm really behind this week.  This week will be a busy week of catch up.  Over Lent I did a card challenge to send 40 cards, one for each day of Lent.  Sounds easy enough right?  I am the worst at actually getting cards in the mail.  But by the last day of Lent I had sent all 40 cards. WHEW!  Some of them were birthday and thank you cards but most of them were 'thinking of you' and general hello cards like todays.
I love these word framelits, but I find they're really delicate and fragile when you first take them out of the thinlit.  When I attach them to my card I either like to stack 3-4 of them to make them thicker and more sturdy or I go over the word with Crystal Effect like I did here.  After I ran it through the Big Shot, I put it through my Xyron Sticker Maker and then while it was on that sticker backing sheet I put a thin layer of Crystal Effects over it.  Let it dry completely before removing it and attaching it to your card. 
The flower is really simple.  I used 8 hearts total, I stack 2 hearts together to make each petal.  This just adds a little dimension.  I did the same with the Daffodil Delight circle in the middle and topped that with a Black Candy Dot.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: