Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Peter Pan Card


 


This card is a little different than any other card I've made.  First of all the focal point is printed.  I considered doing it in some punch art, but knew I wouldn't get it done.  I love this card so much!  I gave it to a good friend who is taking a trip to Disneyland.  We have a mutual love for Disney, I think that's why we're such good friends!  Plus we both love Peter Pan and so I wanted to make her a card for her trip and also incorporate Peter Pan.  I love this image on the clock so I searched for it and found it!
I wanted to do more than just stick a printed picture on a card though, I covered all the people in Crystal Effects.  This little touch adds so much detail to this card.  I didn't want to cover the image with the greeting so I printed it on vellum and as soon as it comes out of the printer you sprinkle embossing powder over it.  Work fast though!  The vellum is translucent enough that it doesn't cover up the image.
The card isn't done though, the inside has a little pop up Disneyland card.  So cute!!!!  Plus there's still plenty of room for a greeting.  Even though there was minimal stamping, though I did stamp and emboss some stars on the front of the card this card is still a favorite of mine.  I think it's my Disney roots coming through :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: