Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Watermelon Hearts


Probably one of my new favorite In Colors is the Watermelon Wonder.  This color just makes me happy!  I wanted to create a simple card that showed all that this color can do.  I used my Chalk Lines stamp set and started at the top stamping, as it goes down the card I stamped off more and more on scrap paper so the color gets lighter and lighter, I think on the bottom I was stamping off 3 times, and you're still getting a nice shade.
 
I paired the Watermelon Wonder with the new Tip Top Taupe, they go so well together.  Seriously how much do you love that lace border??!?!!  I don't use ribbon as much as I used to, mostly because I want my cards to be mailable, without having to add extra postage.  I barely get cards in the mail as it is, if I have to run to the post office to get it weighed and measured it's not gonna get mailed, that's just the reality of life with a 4 year old.  I do use linen thread, bakers twine and now the lace a lot though!!  It's adds so much to the card and not a lot of bulk!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!! 

1 comment:

Mary said...

ok. I wasn't sold on the lace, but I'm beginning to change my mind! Cute card :)