Friday, July 10, 2015

Endless Thanks Flowers


Have you seen the new Endless Thanks set in the catalog???  It's so cute!  It's on page 14 if you haven't :)  What drew me to this set was the words, I love the greetings and the font.  To be honest, I didn't even realize this set had flowers in it until I saw this card.  I do know that there were smaller images in the set but had I just seen the flower and vines I'm not sure I would have connected it to the Endless Thanks set....that's how much I love the words....the truly funny part is that I have yet to use any of the words....this was the first card I made with this set :)
After I saw the card by Vicky I knew I wanted to do something similar.  I wanted a beautiful masked off border with crisp lines.  I did want a few of the flowers to go beyond those lines though.  So I started by marking where my border would go and I stamped a few flowers over that border.  Then I took some post it tape and blocked off the top and bottom.  Then I just stamped and stamped.  When your stamping lots of images like this make sure you start with your biggest stamps, then fill in with the smaller ones.  I used both flowers and the vine image from the Endless thanks set.  I stamped it all in Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Cucumber Crush.  I realized that I needed an even smaller stamp to really filli n the space so I pulled out my Sprinkles Of Life set and used the tiny flower from that set.  Instead of bringing in another color I used Blackberry Bliss and stamped it off twice.  Then i removed my post it tape and you're left with a beautiful border with those crisp edges!  I attached a greeting from the Expressions Natural Elements, I've been dying to use these!!  They're so cute!!!  The card still looked a little incomplete to me so I stamped some hearts toward the top with Watermelon Wonder.  Finally I brushed some glitter over the hearts and Blackberry Bliss flowers with my glitter brush pen (I got mine on Amazon).  So so pretty!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: