Monday, August 17, 2015

Pop Up!

 I held a Pop Up card class over the weekend.  I had two big goals for this class, this was the first pop up card class I've done.  1) I wanted simple cards that my customers or any stamper at any level could make and duplicate easily.  I think one of the worst parts of stamping is, when you leave feeling like you can't do that on your own.  I really didn't want that to happen at this class.  So these cards are all easy to duplicate, everyone who attended my class also left with instructions on each card.  2) They all had to be cute!  This card is a 4x4 card so they also got to make an envelope to match.

Here's the inside to this card.  Isn't is cool!!!!  I know this looks complicated, especially after all I just mentioned, but it's really easy!  It's a little bit of folding.  DSP works best for this technique, because it's nice and thin!  I googled 'Turkish Map Fold" I came up with lots of helpful links.  Its really a simple fold.  This is a 6x6 sheet of DSP, which is perfect for our paper stacks.
       

 Once they're folded they easily open and close without problems.  You could do this with a larger piece of DSP, and even a larger card.  I thought the 4x4 size was perfect for this.  You still have room to write a greeting. 
 It folds up all nice and flat!!  You could stick this in the mail.  You would have to pay a little extra for postage for the 4x4 size but if you stick it in a standard size envelope you'd be ok :)
 The next card was a card that I saw on Julie's blog.  And I've seen it a couple other places too.  I've been dying to try it out!  I was surprised how easy it was! Why didn't I do it sooner!  It's a standard card base and the inside piece is just 5x6 scored at 2 and 4 on the 6" side.  Accordion fold and assemble.  So simple!! 
When the card is all folded up you'd never know the amazing inside that it has!!??!  This was really easy.  Check out Julie's blog for a full tutorial.  To add the ribbon along the bottom even with the card fold on the left, I just used my Paper Snips and cut a little slit along the side, the ribbon slides right in.  So pretty!  I have the other two cards to share tomorrow! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!  

No comments: