Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Gold Wise Men

 The All Ye Faithful set in the Holiday catalog is so pretty, and this card has been in my head for a while.  I love the look of it embossed, especially with something bold like gold.  Originally I thought I'd emboss it on black then cut it out and add it to my card.  Well, as much as I love to fussy cut I'm sure you'll understand why that didn't happen.  But I still wanted that look, with minimal work because I was short on time.  Here's what I came up with and I'm really loving it! 
I stamped the image in Memento then I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker and colored it all in.  It's gonna look terrible.  Don't worry though it will look bad for a little while then it will look amazing!  I used my heat tool and made sure the black marker was really dry, I didn't want stray embossing powder sticking anywhere!  I used my Embossing Buddy over the image to make doubly sure there would be no wondering embossing powder.  Finally I stamped the image again with VersaMark, directly over the black image and embossed it.  Now I'd love to sit here and tell you that I'm just that good and lined up a rubber stamp perfectly.....I'm not I used the Stamp A Ma Jig.  It's a life saver!  I really love this, it's so elegant and stunning.  I didn't think the card needed much else to finish it.  A little gold cord and an embossed greeting to match.  Simply beautiful!  And really easy to get.....much easier than fussy cutting :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: