Monday, October 5, 2015

Kitten Trio

One of the first sets I bought from the Annual Catalog in June was the Made With Love set.  Not because I need a cute baby set.  In fact I have yet to make a baby card with this set.  But I loved the animals, the deer, bunny, chick and yes especially these kittens.  I keep coming up with different uses for them then the intended baby cards and I LOVE THEM!!!!  This adorable kitten card is so cute that I nearly lost my mind making it I was overcome with the cuteness :)  The greeting is taken from the You Little Furball set and went perfectly with this card!  
The kittens are colored on Shimmery White cardstock with a Blender Pen and markers.  They're colored really simply, I stuck with one color per cat, no need to add a bunch.  You can always layer the color on for darker highlights.  For the grey one I used Smoky Slate, then Pumpkin Pie and finally my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker for the last kitty.  I scribbled them on one of my blocks and used the blender pen to pick up the ink from there.  After I had them colored I went back with the markers and traced over their stripes to give them a little more dimension.  Then I cut them out.  I ended up moving the black kittens tail to the other side of his body to change it up a little.  The rest of the card is super easy, I cut some labels with my Big Shot and added some banners behind it, yes that's glimmer paper!  Leaving it alone was hard.  The white space kept calling me.  But I love this card as is and didn't want to risk messing it up by adding more stuff to it, when it didn't need it.  I hope you love these sweet kittens as much as me!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

No comments: