Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Take A Breather

This is the final card from craft weekend and I think, after much thought this one is my favorite.  I wasn't really sure where I was headed with this card but I went along with it, I'm so glad I did.  I started by watercoloring the submarine and the background.  Both are done on watercolor paper.  If you're going to do lots of watercoloring you really have to use the watercolor paper.  The submarine is pretty straightforward coloring, I used Crushed Curry and Delightful Dijon.  The background is soooo pretty and really easy!  I started by making sure my paper was pretty wet, not soggy or dripping but wet enough that the color would move freely.  Once you have a layer of water on your background you can add color, I just smooshed my ink pads on a large clear block and I used a large wet paintbrush to pick up the color.  I used Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay.  Just add a little color here and there, the water already on your paper will move the ink around you don't have to do much, in fact the less you do the better it looks.  You can let it dry on its own or hit it with a heat tool.  I used the heat tool for mine because I was impatient.  Finally I added some 'flicks' of color by picking up more color with a wet brush and 'flicking' it on the paper.  You get a fun splattered look. 
The really fun part of the card, the submarine goes up and down!!!!  Isn't that adorable!!!!!?!?!  I just love it!!!  I love the greeting I added too, perfect for a friend who might be a little over stressed.  The front says "Take a Breather"
The inside is come up for air.  So cute!!!!  This concludes all the cards I made at craft weekend way back in November!  This is my favorite, do you have a favorite, let me know in the comments I'd love to hear what you love! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: