Thursday, April 28, 2016

I Love Everything!

If you're a Paper Pumpkin subscriber you got a free stamp set this month with your kit.  The stamp set was All About Everything and I love everything about this set!   I love the greetings and there's a good variety of them so you nice options for almost any occasion.  Plus I love this brush-strokey looking flower!  I stamped this flower all over in Calypso Coral and Cajun Craze.  When it was done though, while I loved it, it was a little too orangey for me.  But it was so pretty and I still wanted to use it.  I decided to layer some vellum over the top to 'tone' it down a bit.  That was the perfect solution!  
I embossed the greeting on the front of the vellum and tied the vellum to the stamped cardstock with some Bakers Twine.  Stampin' Up! will no longer carry the black embossing powder and it's already sold out on the retired list.  I won't be getting rid of or stop using my black embossing powder.  I know the struggles that come with black embossing powder, it probably is the least forgiving and the hardest to use but I still consider it a needed staple in my stamp room, mostly because we don't carry a black ink that will stay wet long enough to emboss clear over.  Of everything on the retired list, this was the item I was most heartbroken over.  There is some new copper embossing powder in the new catalog which I'm anxious to get my hands on but I'll still keep my black :)

Thanks for looking see you soon! 

No comments: