Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Shaker Ornament

Do you have the Made With Love set?  Stop using it for baby cards and be like me and turn the deer into the sweetest Christmas Shaker Ornament.  Now I wish that I could say that a shaker ornament is my original brilliant idea, but I can't take credit for this idea, I've seen shaker ornament ideas all over Pintrest.  Creating a shaker ornament is not that different than creating a shaker card.  The biggest difference is that usually in shaker cards you would use the foam adhesive strips to create the shaker area but since I didn't want the foam adhesive strips visible from the side I cut out scallop frames, and tons of them!!!!! 
I don't remember off the top of my head how many frames I used but it was a lot.  I would guess around 10.  I wanted it build up enough to add lots of shaker bits.  To create the frames I used the Layering Circles Framelits and I used the large scallop and I think the 2nd biggest circle.  I taped them together with some post it tape and ran them over and over through the big shot with some black cardstock until I had enough frames.  Then I just used some Tombow glue and stuck them all together, stacking up until I had a depth I was happy with.
The reindeer was colored and cut out I made him standing behind a snowy hill.  Then I added all my shaker bits and finally added some bakers twine on top.  It's so cute!!  These would make adorable gifts! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: