Friday, December 9, 2016

Shaker Diamonds

Ready for some shocking news.......I like things that sparkle!  Ok so maybe that wasn't the breaking news flash you were hoping for but literally if it sparkles and shines I'm all over it!  I rarely make a card without some kind of glitter or shine.  So while at a big box store on last week I found a bag of tiny diamonds I had to have them!  I knew instantly the card I wanted to make too.  It would be a diamond shaker card!!
A few months ago, I think it was the August Paper Pumpkin there was this fantastic gem stamp set that came with the most adorable gem boxes.  I have yet to make the boxes but the stamp set was so cute and it has the best greetings!  (PS if you're a Paper Pumpkin subscriber you can still get this kit and the refills!)
The diamond shape was hand drawn and cut with an xacto knife, we're lucky I still have 10 fingers.  I added some Silver Glimmer Paper and a strategically placed greeting to hide where I may or may not have messed up the cutting ;)  I used the stamp set to stamp the background of the paper and clear heat embossed it.  Then I sponged some Pool Party ink over it in an ombre pattern so it goes light to dark.  I love the way all those little gems pop out of the color! 
Here's a closer look at these little diamonds.  There's so much sparkle to them in real life!  This card is loaded with sparkle!!!  I love it!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: