Friday, January 20, 2017

Watercolored Popsicles

If you didn't check out yesterdays post make sure you check it out for the details on getting a really awesome watercolor wash look using our new Watercolor Pencils.  I decided instead of using the wash pieces for a background I would cut them up and use them for pieces of my card.  I made a wash with 3 colors, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo.  Since I was cutting them out I just used one piece of paper.  It's ok if the colors blend a little I think that works with the whole watercolor look.  
Before I cut them out I let the paper dry completely.  Then I covered the paper in Versa Mark and Clear Embossing Powder.  I wanted a shiny, glossy look to my popsicles.  Then I used some framelits from the Frozen Treats collection and cut them out.  I also cut out the sticks for them.  They're so cute and because they're watercolored it gives them a fun texture.  These are just a few of many ideas that you can do with out watercolor pencils!  

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: