Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sponged Sunsets

These two cards are probably my favorites from the weekend.  This again was another set that I didn't think I needed....then I saw this card.  The card is by Tina was the most stunning card I'd seen with that set so I had to get the set too!!  The light house was masked (I stamped and covered it with a post it note) while I did the sponging in the background.  The backgrounds were done with our classic inks and lots of sponge daubers.  I didn't write down the colors so I will do my best to remember what I used....The sky is made from Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy.  The ocean is Marina Mist and Night of Navy. 
I did both card at the same time, so they use the same colors.  I meant to add a lighthouse to this one too, but honestly it was a lazy morning when these were made and by the time I realized I didn't stamp it I had already cleaned and put away the stamps.  I'm glad I didn't though.  This ocean sunset is really pretty too!  To get the crisp straight line on the horizon I used some post it tape to mask it off.   The greetings are both white heat embossed to make them pop.  

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: