Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Lovely Friends One Technique Two Cards

I'm so excited we are just over a week until the new catalog launches!!!  I haven't been able to stop playing with my new stuff!  Which is putting me behind in every other part of life too!  We've also reached the end of the school year for the kids so starting tomorrow at 11am it's officially summer vacation......how did this happen so fast!?  Well luckily for me there's plenty of Stamp Camp prep they can help with.  If you haven't signed up, HURRY!!!  I'm down to my final spots for stamp camp!!  You can read all the details and sign up here.  On to the cards for today!  Today is a two for one kind of day.  I love this technique because you get two cards! 
I started with two pieces of cardstock, one Lemon Lime Twist and one Whisper White, that were the same size using a stamp positioner stamp the greeting on each of them in VersaMark then emboss.  I went with black and white powders but you could do this with metallic colors or one color and two different colors of cardstock.  Endless possibilities!  Using the stamp positioner makes sure they line up in exactly the same spot on each piece of cardstock, that's important for the next step.  Then you want to cut each in half.  Yep, just slice it up!  Then you can piece the top of one with the bottom of the other for a beautiful card, and vice versa for your second card.  How cool is that!!!!?  
You could cut your cardstock and adhere together before stamping but that presents a couple of problems.  1) If you're embossing in two colors that creates quite the challenge to carefully pour powder onto only half.  2) Sometimes it's hard to get a clean stamped image over two pieces that have been adhered together, especially in this case, the white cardstock is a more lightweight cardstock than the Lemon Lime Twist making them slightly different thicknesses which could cause a stamping issue.  I find it's just easier to stamp twice and get two perfect cards.  Each card was finished the same with some fussy cut flowers, glimmer paper and DSP.  So fun and easy! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: