Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Beautiful Day and Brusho

I had a class featuring Brusho yesterday so I decided to play with it to create some samples with Brusho.  If you're not familiar with Brusho, it's tiny watercolor crystals that when they come in contact with water dissolve into beautiful color.  Working with Brusho is a little different than working with ink.  But if you love the watercolor look and struggle to get the look you want with ink Brusho is a great option for you. 
Because the colors instantly dissolve in water you get great results with minimal effort.  For this card I clear embossed the flower from the Beautiful Day set onto watercolor paper and then sprayed it with water using my Spritzer.  Once it was nice and wet I simply sprinkled the Brusho over it and when the crystals hit the water they just start dissolving and blooming.  Let it completely dry and you're left with a beautiful flower.  The embossing will resist the water and the color.  For the flower I used the Gamboge, Yellow and a tiny bit of Moss Green on the leaf.  I have a couple more examples using Brusho to share this week.  Check back!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: